Sunday, October 20, 2013

Life Lessons

The other day I was revisiting one of my old scrapbooks and I came across a layout that I had done a few years ago about things I believe.  Not religious beliefs, but just beliefs about life in general that I've learned as a result of things that I have gone through.  The layout was based on a list that I created for a blog challenge at scrapbook.com, and is still one of my favourite layouts.  But in reading the layout, I realized that there were some additional beliefs that I needed to document.  Here, then, is my new and improved list of life lesson beliefs.

I believe...
 - that chocolate is good for what ails you.
 - that the recipe for a perfect day involves a blue and sunny sky, an open highway and good tunes on the radio.
 - that one can never have too many purses, too many pairs of shoes or too many friends.
 - that the storms of life will pass, and that the sun will always follow them.
 - that even the darkest cloud has a silver lining.
 - that we should all cultivate the ability to laugh at ourselves.
 - that the best part of each new day is that there is one.
 - in creating my own happiness.
 - that things will always look brighter after a good night's sleep.
 - that every once in a while we should all take time to curl up with our favourite pillow and blankie for a nap.
 - in buying myself flowers for no reason.
 - that getting out a box of crayons and a colouring book is highly therapeutic.
 - that faith and a prayer will take you a long way.
 - that miracles are all around us, all the time - we just have to open our eyes to see them.
 - that before we can forgive others, we must first learn to forgive ourselves.
 - that you should dance whenever you feel the urge and sing like no one's listening.
 - in being thankful for all that I have.
 - that we should live like each day is our last.
 - in "happily ever after".
 - that everyone needs a teddy bear to hug when they're having a bad day.
 - that we should treat everyone around us the way we ourselves would like to be treated.
 - that no problem is so great that it cannot be overcome with God's help.
 - in taking time to stop and smell the roses.
 - that life is what we make it.
 - that we need to take more time to enjoy the simple things in life.
 - that we should enjoy each moment we have with our loved ones.
 - that there is no mistake we can make that is unforgivable.
 - that everything that happens to us happens for a reasons, and that even the bad things that happen in our lives can teach us something if we are willing to learn.
 - that angels walk among us.
 - that we are much stronger than we ever truly give ourselves credit for.
 - that the true measure of greatness is not in the number of accolades you have received, but rather in the obstacles that you overcome along the way.
 - that everyone needs someone or something to come home to.
 - that we should never be afraid to ask for what we need.
 - that sometimes doing the thing you fear the most will pay off in unbelievable ways.
 - that the  best is yet to come.

Until next time,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment