Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Re-Inventing The Wheel

One of the art projects that shows up frequently in the Crafter's Devotional is ATC's, or Artist Trading Cards.  I think typically they're paper or fabric-based (don't quote me on that, though), and the artist decorates them however he/she sees fit.  One night while I was flipping through my devotional, it occurred to me that I could make these little pieces of art from plastic canvas and decorate them with stuff from my crafting and scrapbooking stashes.  So I grabbed a sheet of plastic canvas and a ruler, and away I went! Here's what I've come up with so far.

1. Eeyore: "Be Happy".  Even though I'm more of a Pooh fan myself, this one is actually one of my favourite cards.  I hot-glued the applique to the card because I am SO not a seamstress!
2.  Faith.  This was the first one I made, and I was more or less just playing around to see how the whole idea would come together.  It turned out pretty well though, I think.

3.  Red & White Flower: "Grow".  I found the cute little red button (actually I found several of them) in my mom's button container, and I was really wanting to do something with them.  Then I realized that they would make perfect flower centers!

4.  Pooh & Piglet.  THIS is my very favourite one, and one of the less time-consuming cards I've made.  I hot-glued the applique to the card, added the red flower brads, and I was done!

5.  Bible Verse ATC.  This was an experiment to see how attaching strips of Dymo tape would work.  I'm not sure how much I actually like this one.  Actually, for a long time all I had was the base with the four crystal brads in the corners - once I got that far I didn't know what to do with it after that!

6.  Pooh & Tigger: "Friends".  It was actually supposed to say "Friends", but I kinda ran out of room to put the "s".  Oh well, I still like the way it turned out. 


Well, hope you enjoyed my little "Show & Tell".  I have one more card to share, but you have to wait until tomorrow to see this very special creation.  I'm also planning on posting a tutorial so you can make your own stitched ATC's (or SATC's, as I call them) and have as much fun as I am!

Until next time,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment