Monday, November 1, 2010

Only 54 days til Christmas!

My favourite holiday is Christmas, hands down.  There isn't anything I don't love about Christmas.  I love the decorations and the lights.  I love the decorations and gatherings.  I love working with my Sunday School class on the Christmas concert.  I love going shopping for the "perfect" gifts for my family (but then I love shopping period).  I love the special foods that only get made at Christmas.  I evenv love the snow and cold weather - it means flannel pajamas and candy cane hot chocolate!

At the heart of the celebration is the thing I love most about Christmas: celebrating the birth of the Saviour.  When I think of what God did for His people by sending His son to earth as a little baby...well, I can't even put into words what I feel.  This is why, for me anyway, Christmas season starts on November 1.  I hope that my celebrations and enjoyment of this holiday glorify Him and the meaning of the holiday.

As is my tradition, I grabbed a handful of my Christmas CD's to listen to in the car on the way to work this morning.  The current selection is one of my Point of Grace albums.  So in honour of being able to get out and dust off my Christmas CD collection, here are five of my all-time favourite Christmas songs (in no particular order):
1.  "Let There Be Light" - Point of Grace with John David Webster
2.  "Snoopy's Christmas" - The Royal Guardsmen
3.  "Six White Boomers" - Rolf Harris
4.  "Somewhere A Child Is Sleeping" - Frank Mills & Friends
5.  "Hark The Herald Angels Sing"  - by anyone (although Boney M does a really good version)

Until next time,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment