Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Believe...

This list came out of an entry I did for a blogging contest at Scrapbook.com.  The idea was to make a list of beliefs about life.  After I had finished my entry, I kept thinking of other things I should have included on it, so I started into another list.  (The new list eventually turned into a layout for my "Book of Me" scrapbook.)  Some of the beliefs are rather silly, some are more profound.  But put all of them together and what you get is my outlook on life.
  • I believe that chocolate is good for what ails you.
  • I believe that the recipe for a perfect day involves a sunny, cloudless sky, an open highway and good music on the radio.
  • I believe that one can never have too many purses or too many friends.
  • I believe that the sun will always follow the rain.  But while the rain is here we should get out and dance in it.
  • I believe that the storms of life will not last forever, and that they will be followed by a beautiful rainbow.
  • I believe that we should all cultivate the ability to laugh at ourselves.
  • I believe that coffee is magnetically attracted to anything I wear that is white or khaki in colour.  (Actually I know this for a fact.)
  • I believe the best part of each new day is that there is one.
  • I beleive that one day I will see my bedroom floor again.
  • I believe in gettin' my groove on whenever I hear a good song on the radio, and I don't much care if you laugh at me when I do!
  • I believe that we should start with dessert first.
  • I believe in creating my own happiness.
  • I believe that things will always look brighter after a good night's sleep.
  • I believe that every now and then, we all need to take time out to curl up with our favourite blankie and pillow and take a nap.
  • I believe in buying myself flowers for no reason at all.
  • I believe that getting out my crayons and colouring book is highly therapeutic.
  • I believe that faith and a prayer will take you a long way.
  • I believe that miracles are all around us; we need only open our eyes to be able to see them.
  • I believe that scrapbooking was invented as a means of parting me from my paycheques.
  • I believe that before we can forgive others, we must first forgive ourselves.
  • I believe that we should dance whenever we feel the urge.
  • I believe in eating what I want, calories be damned!
  • I believe in being thankful for all that I have.
  • I believe we should live each day like it was our last.
  • I believe in "happily ever after".
  • I believe that everyone needs a teddy bear to hug when they're having a bad day.
  • I believe that we should treat the people around us the way that we ourselves would like to be treated.
  • I believe that no problem is so big it cannot be overcome with God's help.
  • I believe in taking time to stop and smell the roses.
  • I believe that life is what we make it.  I believe that we should celebrate each day we are here, because we don't know how many more we'll get.  I believe that the best is yet to come.
Until next time,
J.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I love your list. I think I could agree with everything on that list and would love to see how you scrapbooked it. Please show us pictures of your pages.

    ReplyDelete